Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mexican Chicken Meatzza

I had a few people ask about today's lunch recipe. I basically combined two recipes and altered them to my liking. 

Here is what I did:
I took Rachel Ray's "Mexican Meatzza Pizza" recipe & combined it with Paleo's "Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers" recipe while altering it to my liking.

In a skillet, add a little olive oil, dice & cook chicken. Once the chicken is done, add black beans (drained), diced bell pepper (I used orange), 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1/2 tbsp garlic salt, 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1 tbsp chili powder, and a can of Rotel (drained - I used "chunky"). Cover and cook.

I stuffed a boiled (and halved) bell pepper, and baked it with this concoction for dinner last night. I used the leftover chicken/bean concoction for today's lunch.

Next, make a thin cornbread - about 1" thick. Make sure you adjust the cooking time. I used the Jiffy brand and it took about 10 or so minutes.

Once the cornbread is done, slice yourself a piece and layer these:

Cornbread, chicken/bean mixture, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, & cilantro. In the past, I have also layered guacamole, black olives, and fresh tomatoes... I was simply out of those things today. 

Anyhoos... That's it. Super easy and super delicious. 

No comments: