Monday, September 26, 2011

Somebody

You wake up in the morning.
It's a day like any other.
You get lunches packed, kids dressed for school, quickly dump a cup of lukewarm coffee down your throat before you throw on a bra and a cardigan to take the boy to school.
Praying to God no one sees you and that he's not tardied.
On the way back to the house, the radio blaring... because it's the only way you can get through the ride with a child that hates the car seat.
When all of a sudden...
Something, or someone speaks to the very core of your being.
"Let go of everything you ever thought to be a comfortable and normal life.
That was your life.
You now have a new purpose."

It rocks your spirit ...
Because you already knew...
It was your purpose from the very beginning, yet you are just now really seeing it.

You didn't think you were still holding on to that old life... But, you were only lying to yourself... because every now and then you had to open that wound just to look at it, just to remember one last time. But one last time turned into 100 last times.

"There is a reason you are here on this earth. Now is the time to shine."
Suddenly... You are coming alive.
Busting at the seams with something inside ...
Something bigger.
Something greater.
Something that will impact everyone you know and beyond.
But where to begin?
How?
You gotta trust.
You gotta let go.

That's when he enters...
Filling your head with doubt...
With fears of rejection...
Fears of the unknown.
Fear of failure.
"But they will laugh at your feeble attempt."
"Who do you think you are?!"
"Ha! You can't do that!"
"It's a terrible idea."
So you become stale.... Again.
Beat down.
You've already given up.
Just like that.

This is an every day battle in my head, and my heart.
I know I am destined for greatness.
I know I have a solid purpose.
Every rough and difficult road I have taken, He will use as a tool.
The only thing standing in my way is me.
Those negative thoughts have got to go.
The war is over, the battle was won a long time ago.

I have to believe it.
I have to act on it.
What is faith without actions?
I was created for so much more than what I have allowed myself to believe.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I blog-awarded you today! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Jamie Rae said...

Found your blog through kelly moore. Love your writing style, so fresh and alive. thank you for sharing.