Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lake-isms: Wasps

Wasps have infested the eve of our home, making it miserable to play outside. Well, the heat makes it miserable, the wasps just put you on edge. Let's just be completely honest. I am looking for any reason to play in the refrigerated air.

At dinner the other night, I made a request of my husband, "Please kill them as soon as possible, no matter what you have to do."

That prompted a few questions from Lake, such as, "What are you going to do, Daddy?" and "How are you going to kill them?"

Charlie likes to joke with Lake, so he came up with a few scenarios on his "plans" to take care of the wasp problem.

Charlie, plan #1: "Well, I have a couple of ideas. First, I think I might catch one wasp, and tell him he needs to tell his friends they need to leave, or I will have to kill then all."

Charlie, plan #2: "If that doesn't work, I am going to catch two wasps. I will hold one wasp hostage, and tell the other, I will let his friend go once they all have left."

Lake's response: "I have an idea. Why don't you catch two wasps. Kill one, and make the other take the dead wasp back to the others?"

Touchet, Lake. Touchet.

Lake is leader of the Tee-ball Mafia.
Be afraid.

4 comments:

The Sims II said...

slightly disturbing?? what kind of tv is this kid watching to know about killing as a persuasive measure? hahaha i love it!!

tarynddavidson said...

dude, he watches toy story 3 and speed racer! those are nothing like the godfather... he is a natural born leader. haha

The Mustard Seed said...

We found you on Kelly's Korner.. We are actually from Baton Rouge! Thinkin this linky party is a fantastic idea for families to get connected!! Can't wait to read your stories!

Sarah, Three Boys said...

ummm hilarious, good boy, way to think it through!