Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Poo" Is Priority

Oh. My. Gosh.
Where to begin....??!!
Just as I typed an all too pleasant "Thank you Jesus for sanity in the storm" Facebook status update... the storm quickly turned into a Flood Warning... without a warning.

I had just fed Lennon breakfast and thought, "Ooh she would really like a bubble bath this morning". So while I ran her water, I used the restroom. After washing my hands, I went to get her out of her high chair. I took her to her room, where I removed her diaper, and then took her to the bathroom.

THE TOILET OVERFLOWED. We have such issues with this toilet.... it has overflowed so many times, but never "over" the rim, we usually catch it and plunge it to death. This time, not so much.... Pee water was EVERYWHERE... I was not paying attention as I walked right into it... I looked on the ground and saw all the water flowing out and onto the floor... heading for the hall / carpet.

So, I threw naked Lennon in her pack-n-play and ran to get as many towels as I could. The water had finally stopped flowing out once I got in there... so I began to mop it up as best I could. As I was taking all 7 sopping wet towels to the laundry room... fully knowing I am now covered in not only Lennon's breakfast, but my own pee water. I shiver at the thought.

I pass Lennon playing naked in her pack-n-play.... "What is that familiar smell?" I ask myself... and with towels in tow, it hits me.... "OH **** Lennon pooped! Naked! In her pack-n-play!" I run, literally RUN, to the nearest hamper and drop the pee covered towels in. I sprint... literally sprint .... to her pack-n-play. My worst fear has come to life. POO EVERYWHERE, even on her toys. She has stomped in it and smeared it.

I pick her poo covered body up - holding her away from my pee covered body - and take her to the bath... where I scrub her down... then I put her diaper on. Now I have to go back to the poo-covered-pack-n-play and clean up that MESS. All the while, the pee water on the bathroom floor awaits me.

Not only do I have to clean the bathroom, but I have to scrub the tub, which was not in my plans today. Now I have to wash clothes which was not in my plans today.

Is this real life?!

Dear God... What just happened here?!

6 comments:

dh said...

Shit Happens

tarynddavidson said...

couldn't have said it better myself

Duncan Family said...

Sorry about your poopie day! I did get a good laugh in though!

Angela said...

If you knew me a year ago, you would know that poop RULED my life for many months as we got Benjamin adjusted to Miralax. Many-a-time I found him in the pack-n-play and poop was EVERYWHERE, even through his clothes. Oh, gosh, I've been there. Even though not usually w pee feet.

tarynddavidson said...

Thanks, Laurie!

Angela - Miralax saved my life and almost destroyed my house! ;)

Bumber's Bumblings said...

thank you for making me about crap my pants laughing at this post. I'm sorry for your misfortune, but I'm really happy about how much the laughing brightened my day.