Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Gum Ball Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree

I am really needing motivation today.
My throat is killing me.
I swear, it's like, a thousand ninjas are warring it out on my tonsils.
I am afraid my right tonsil has been replaced with one of these:
I am not exaggerating.
I don't even want to swallow, but the fear of looking like this, forces me to swallow at least every 10 minutes.... That is, once my mouth completely fills up with saliva.
The thought of gargling with salt water is so horrid.
I don't know what is worse, the pain or the thought of gargling with salt water.
It might have something to do with my mom telling me, "You need put a lot of salt in a warm-as-you-can-stand-it glass of water." She didn't tell me to "gargle" so I tried drinking that whole 10 oz glass of hot very salty water. I threw up several times before I even finished the glass.
Never again. Now, the sheer thought of that taste sends a shiver down my spine.
So, I tell her, "I can't. I keep throwing it up." She thinks this is the funniest thing ever.
Why is she laughing? Well, she decided now is a prime opportunity to tell me that one time when I was a baby, the Dr told her to make a little "saline" and give it to me as often as she could to clear up my nose. She called the Dr later that day explaining, "I did what you said, but she will NOT drink that salt water for anything". You can imagine the Dr's laughter was similar to my mom's laughing at me.
Like mother like daughter.

4 comments:

Leah said...

So, I have decided that the best thing for your sore throat is a nutella milk shake. You should do it. And thank me later.

The Sims II said...

this is hilarious, but I must admit saline has been a life saver for our little guy who is constantly stuffed up. I hope he doesnt have an aversion to it later on in life...but then again i didnt dump it down his throat! lol

Kevin Weatherby said...

I feel the same way about sore-throat spray. I had surgery when I was 15 and had a tube up my nose and down my throat for a long time. It hurt to even breathe.

I used that stuff for so long, I start gagging if if I even look at a bottle.

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Ugh that is the worst!! I hope you feel better soon;( and thanks for telling me the name of those gum balls! My kids kept asking me and I could not for the LIFE of me remember.