Monday, April 11, 2011

Randomness

Little miss thang has a few favorites.... "Bunny" (Yes, original name, I know) has been a favorite since birth. Recently acquired "Shovel" (mommy stepped in "bucket" and her fat foot broke it) as a chew toy and "Little Quack" is the cutest book from her Great Aunt Denise. She LOVES this book. We read it every day several times. She giggles every time I point and say "Bees". Not sure if it's the goofy way I say it or what? She also pointed to the butterfly when asked today - which was a FIRST! :) **Happy Dance** Love my miss thang. She amazes me with her smarts every day.
I took the advice of a friend and started (during the winter) a journal for things I wanna try with my wardrobe. Shamefully, I have only entered 3 items... and all are for the WINTER. I just cannot make myself enjoy or even look forward to this summer. SO FREAKIN HOT. I despise sweating in my good clothes. So, it might just pile up with winter wardrobe ideas until I move to somewhere cooler. At which point, I will probably long for a warm summer LA day. Nah, not a chance.
Craft night with Lake. Tonight we are "modge podging" (fully aware I say it incorrectly) a box for his teacher, Mrs. T for "Teacher Appreciation Week". The whole class put $ in for a gift but we wanted to do a little something from just Lake. Mrs. T is wonderful and puts up with his motor mouth every day. It's the least we can do.
Books... I am currently picking back up an old book from my friend Rebecca Sims (previously Rebecca Nibbe.... Charlie nick named "Becky Nibble" and that still makes me laugh). The book is "Praying the Scriptures Over Your Children" and I absolutely love it. There is nothing more powerful than God's holy word and speaking it directly over your children and their life... calling out any obstacle and claiming greatness and His will for their life. I am still reading "God Loves Ugly" by my friend (glad to finally call her that :), Christa Black. She has always had a gift of writing and a gift of talent with instruments and her voice. So happy she is bringing it all together in a cd/book combo... One I HIGHLY suggest to any woman, girl or even teenager.
Lake is my creative cat. He is always doing something clever... Like finding ways NOT to eat. Here is one example... "Mommy, I made a man out of my pizza". Last time it was the letter L.
I love that toot. He makes me laugh even when I want to put him in a corner for wasting good pizza and money - ha!
Baseball season is here! Can I get a woot woot?! He is so stinking handsome. I just cannot get enough of him. I am so thankful our team colors are great. I have seen some really NOT SO GREAT uniforms out there! Ugh! And Navy looks good on me... because you know I have my "LAKE'S MOM #25" t-shirt. Wearing it with pride, baby. You know what else rocks... knowing he is playing with or against all his little buddies. God totally worked it out that myself and so many of my friends would have our baby boys at the same time. Totally unplanned by us and completely unique.


Daddy with his baby girl. He truly is a great dad and so loving. He wanted a baby girl for so long. Almost makes me feel bad for pushing back and saying "I'm not ready". But when the time came, God knew what we needed and there she is :)
So I try to make my way into the "Moms of Kids with Down Syndrome" world. I reached out to one mom... who has the MOST ADORABLE little boy, named Nash (rockin' name!). Nash happens to be the same age as Lennon and has an older sister who happens to be the same age as Lake. And as you can see, Lake and Anna hit it off just fine... We caught them holding hands at the park! I might need to reign this little ladies man in a bit. Makes me nervous with all his smoothness and cuteness. Lennon loved loved LOVED hanging out with Nash. She smiled and giggled and "talked" up a storm to him. She also ended up with a sunburn this day... Boo!



My goof ball of a son. He really is a card. Charlie took him out to see the "Super Moon" a few weeks ago. I will say, that sucker was bright. Felt like day time on my street. Weird.... and pretty cool at the same time.




Lennon bug and I had lunch with Lake at his school on his birthday. He was so surprised and excited. He loves showing off his baby sister too. He asked me just this morning, "Mommy, do you think you could bring Lennon by my school today to show her off to my friends. They would love to see her!" He melts my heart!

OK, and I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY the lower half of this post is underlined and I cannot for the life of me figure out HOW to fix it. Deal with it.
Lennon Bug is having her much awaited birthday party this weekend. WOOO! So excited! There will be a little area set up for the little girls to have a "tea party" and there will be loads of cupcakes, candy and all kinds of sugar :) Thanks to all my girl friends and their help in getting this party started!

Rebecca is about to embark on the motherhood journey. Baby Eli is due very soon :) I cannot wait to see Rebecca in action as a mom. However, Rebecca has no clue what Garbage Pail Kids are. How is this possible? Probably because she is almost 10 years younger than me -- booo.
So, I wanted to share these with her so that she can hunt them down on ebay and collect them all for baby Eli. Rebecca, you also need to know there is a movie... Garbage Pail Kids the Movie... and it is fabulous. Buy it... find out what really is in Pandora's box.






So anyways... that is what's going on and has gone on in the past few weeks... I am about to jump in the shower and put little miss down for a quick nap before I head off to get Lake from school. I guess I will get there a little early so we can "show her to his friends".
Peace out, blog world.


3 comments:

rachel said...

The underlining cracks me up!

The Sims II said...

ok three things, no four:
1. Thank you for posting, I was missing my weekly life stories with L&L
2. Thank goodness I got a new last name...to bad charlie didnt get the memo
3. Those garbage pail kids are down right SCARY, dont know who would let their kids play with them
4. Could I please get an update on the fire situation.

Sunday said...

I loved the book, "Created to be his help meet". I used to get their family's magazine, Above Rubies. SUCH good scripture and soul in both of those publications!