Monday, April 4, 2011

My Life at the Zoo

Hanging Out at The Zoo.
Right now, Lennon is having Speech Therapy. I am taking a step back and letting them work with her without me in the room. Two reasons, I can still "watch" and I think it's going to be good for her. You must know, this is also a nice "break" for mommy. A much needed one, at that. I did however, warn them about the "Cobra Strike" (Thanks, Andrea! for giving it a proper name). She will have your eyeball in her paws in a matter of seconds. Not an exaggeration.
She is a climber. Girl can climb. She is amazingly determined to scale anything. Including, but not limited to backwards flips on and off the changing table. A monkey she is. Changing clothes, diapers, fixing hair.... all of this has suddenly become a great feat to complete the task at hand. You gotta bow up with her. Like, really work your muscles.
Feeding time is taking a turn for the better! I just cannot thank Him enough. Answered prayers and a lot of hard work. Few texture issues! Like, slim to none, people! However, the Cobra Strike will have the spoon, and all food particles, on all parts of the house, and me. Nothing is exempt. Nothing. Now, if we can just get her to put the food in her mouth on her own :/

The Zoo Is Expanding.
I am an aunt - again! A new little monkey has arrived in the form of Miss Adleigh Jane. Precious isn't she? So perfect and beautiful. I will be keeping this doll in 6 weeks when her mommy, my sister, goes back to school, returning from Maternity Leave. I still cannot believe my baby sister has a baby. CRAZY. Now, she knows... she knows what all the other mommies know... that there is NOTHING like the love you have for your child. She knows what it's like to cry for no reason, other than the fact that you are simply in love. She knows now, what it's like to look at other moms that don't "measure up" and think "Why? Why would you not do everything in your power to protect and nurture this angel?" She knows now, what it means to have your heart walking around outside your body.

The Monkeys Are Loose.
...and wreaking havoc in my brain. So the other day, while I was putting on my face, I was in my usual "I'm in a hurry and don't know why" mode (sung in tune to Alabama's song)... I dropped the bottle of base, which hit the ground, bounced ...and hit the ground again... and bounced.... not one, not two, but three times... All the while spraying everything within a 10 foot radius. Including, but not limited to, my dress, my leggings, my feet, the wall, the trim, the cabinets, the floor, the carpet, the door, the door jam.... And then, like the 10 year old me...who sat in the driveway, heart broken because momma forgot remove my Teddy Bear (the last gift from my daddy before he died) from the back of the Suburban, where it had been drying in the hot LA sun after it's "bath". Momma drove away... So there I sat, on the floor of my bathroom, covered from head to toe, amongst a spray of Classic Ivory N2, resembling the crime scene of Tammy Faye Baker's hypothetical death ... and I cried.... Because it's was perfect end to a really crappy four days. Four of the days on Spring Break were crap. Literally. Lake got Strep. We had to drive home early, and Lennon screamed 4 solid hours in the car on the way home from Dallas. I stopped six times before I crazy thoughts and got a hotel 1.5 hours from our house because I simply could not go on. The next day, I was throwing away some things and I fell in the trash can, due to exhaustion. Yes, you read that right... I fell in. In.The.Trash. People, do you know how disgusting that is? Ugh. It is funny and scary at the same time. I had never been so tired. I just leaned over a bit and kept going.
Yesterday I found out a friend's baby died... I cannot type much about this without crying so I will just say this. Few can understand the pain.... Please pray for this family.
Oh but the drama doesn't stop there... in true "Dramanator" fashion (RIP Xanga)... this morning, my car wouldn't start. 'Oh joy!' (note: sarcasm) I thought joy came in the morning? Typical Monday. I can only hope it starts when I go to pick up Lake from school and take Lennon to the ENT today. Her earplugs aren't working and I am afraid it's leaking into her ears - not good if your kid has tubes!

So here I am blogging... because the laundry is .... dare I say it... "Almost" caught up. But only because I have an AMAZING husband. Seriously folks, he knows I my crazy and he loves me anyways. Today I celebrate him because 12 years ago on this day we met.. and had our first kiss.... and my life has been the better for it. He might not have known the future ...and I am positive if he did he would have ran for the hills. But I have him now... all trapped in marriage and crazy ;) Ha! I love you Charlie Davidson. More than you know.

No comments: