Thursday, February 17, 2011

Running With Purpose


So I started running with a "Couch to 5K" group a few weeks ago. I have totally let myself go since Lennon was born. I know "baby weight" and all but it's beyond that. I have just gotten lazy. So, I started this group as a last bit effort to get some sort of fire under me. It is working, slowly but surely. I have started making better choices with eating.

I can now run about a mile. (insert laughter here) Comparing myself to my pre-Lennon-pregnancy-self is a bad idea... Considering right before I got pregnant with her I ran a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) at a 9 minute 15 second pace. I gotta start back somewhere.

In order to keep the fire burning, I like a little healthy competition... so a friend and I have a contest going. In six weeks, we have to each have lost a minimum of 10 pounds. Whichever of us does not lose the weight, that person has to change their profile pic to a picture of Rosie O'Donnell for 2 solid weeks and it has to say "I am Rosie O'Donnell's doppelganger".

I will NOT lose this challenge. I WILL do it the healthy way.

3 comments:

lindsey lowe said...

too funny... maybe i should get in this challenge with you!i definitely want to run the 5k. when is it?

tarynddavidson said...

April - Run to the Cross

Amy Shantell said...

OK..so I'm struggling...bad. I feel in my heart that I really want to be "runner" but after yesterday I'm just not sure it's in me. I feel like a failure :( I feel like at this point I should be able to do at least a mile without falling out.(I can do 2.5 on the treadmill) I'm always asking others for tips,such as how long it took them to get up to a 1/2 marathon, what's the "right" shoe,diet, work out routine, etc...any suggestions?